Call Us

01634 812 228

Write Us

1a Northgate, Rochester
United Kingdom


Frequently Asked Questions

Are you a registered tax agent with HMRC?

Yes, we are registered as a tax agent with HMRC. Provided you are happy for us to represent you, we can take care of your case from start to finish.

Are you part of the UK government or HMRC?

No, TaxDay is not part of HMRC or affiliated with the UK government. We are a private company. We are also a registered tax agent with HMRC, this means that we are registered with HMRC to deal with our clients’ tax affairs.

Can I apply directly with HMRC to receive a tax rebate?

Yes, you can. Although their service is free, you should be prepared to invest time and the cost of phone calls and postage. You can call HMRC’s customer help line to get you started, the number is available on their website (local call rate). However, please be aware that HMRC will only accept tax rebate claims which are submitted using the proper forms and in writing (not email or by telephone), otherwise your claim may be rejected.

Can I submit a tax return myself directly with HMRC?

Yes, you can. However, you may find that if you are not familiar with Self Assessment or how to complete a tax return properly, you may find the process frustrating and time-consuming, not forgetting that tax returns need to be completed correctly and within HMRC’s deadlines in order to avoid penalties. You may also find that trusting an accountant like ourselves will ensure that your tax affairs are dealt with properly and save you considerable time.

Can you transfer my money abroad?

Absolutely. We can transfer the money directly into your nominated bank account in your chosen currency for a standard administration fee which the bank will state (this is because our own bank will charge us to make overseas bank transfers).

Do I need to pay you any money up front?

In general, no.

If your claim relates to a Leaving the UK tax refund, you don’t have to pay any money in advance. We will deduct our fee automatically from any tax refund you are due back before transferring it directly into your bank account, so you don’t have to put your hand in your pocket.

For tax returns, if it is obvious from our original assessment that you don’t qualify for a tax refund and you still want us to submit a tax return on your behalf, we will request payment in advance, prior to doing any work for you. We would, of course, let you know so it is clear to you from the onset.

More questions?

If you have more questions fill in the form on this page or click on the button to visit our FAQs page

Email Us

Have a Question Or Need to Make An Appointment? Email Us!